Saturday, August 4, 2012

Planning our year

It is that time of year again.
I have started thinking about our GS year.
Our troop usually begins in August rather than waiting until October. I just can't fit in everything i want to do from October -May. We also just meet everyother week, thinking about moving to every week. As Cadettes we are going to be working on our Silver awards, journeys, badges and I want to incorporate as much homemaking skills in this year.
My girls are mostly 12 year olds with a couple that will have turned 13 soon.

Do you miss the old fashioned scouts where they learned skills like sewing and cooking and cleaning, etc?
I know I do. Even our schools have taken out the HomeEc classes that I had in high school.

Some of the skills I want to incorporate into are year are:

Laundry/washing/ironing
housekeeping/cleaning
cross stitching- found some first time samplers on sale at Hobby Lobby
Manners/etiquette
Computer etiquette

These are just a few I hope to work into the year.

Do you plan out your whole year in the summer or do you play it by ear?
I would love to know your tips and tricks to a successful year.

Until next time
Your fearless Leader


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!!