Wednesday, January 15, 2014

MARKETING BADGE

Cookie time has arrived!!

Our troop participated in our council Cookie Lock-in event last weekend. I had 2 girls at 4 different stations leading the station. The stations were painting fingernails in colors representing each cookie, making a paper code book, selling safety finger hop scotch, cookie necklaces. I got a kick out of them getting frustrated with the little girls, now they know how it feels trying to get a group of girls to all concentrate on one thing at the same time.

After all the stations the little girls were given GORP and watched a movie. The Cadettes and Senior girls talked me into a 10pm Mcdonalds run... We were staying in a local church and our 2 troops stayed in one of the smaller classrooms. It was pretty cold since they turn down the heat at night but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

At our weekly meeting we started the Marketing badge. I should have planned better but live and learn. We went over the first 3 steps together and i asked them to make a poster or video of a marketing ad to sell cookies. I also asked them to write a social media ad on their parents FB page and tag me in it. I have had 1 girl do it so far. :( 

The older they get the harder it is to keep them interested!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!!