Sunday, February 10, 2013

JAMAICA

Saturday we held our World Thinking Day Event.
Our troop represented Jamaica
 
our booth

2 of our girls did the flag ceremony and said hello in
native Jamaican

Jamaica SWAP beach in a bag, sand drink umbrella
sea shells and a label

Besties

Haiti- really cute booth, the leader had spent
a while there studying and had lots of authentic items

France was such a cute booth with little Brownie girls
saying Bonjour

England with their very own Queen.
The leader had made a red telephone booth
from duct tape that was brilliant!!!

Mexico- the table cloth, sombrero's, and little dolls were
actually mine and the leader had borrowed sometime
ago. She got more use out of them than i have.
I bought them on our honey moon to use as
table decor for special mealtimes. I think I did that once in 13 years.
 

Hmong dancers came and performed for us.
they did a harvest garden dance

I loved this photo of this Daisy handing out
drinks for Nicaragua. Precious
 
It was a fun but tiring day traveling to so many countries.
I did ask one of our service unit leaders to allow us
to pick our country earlier in the year
so that we have more time to plan and prepare.
We picked in January for a February event.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I know this Thinking Day event happened a good while ago; however, I was wondering if you could connect me to the troop leader who displayed Haiti?

    My Daisy troop is showcasing Haiti and we would love any help she could provide!

    Thanks in advance~
    Germell Brown
    daisytroop5466@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!!